It’s 7:00 AM. I need to get up and start my day. The need to get up before the children is real, and I must now get up so I can get them up soon. However, I stay in bed. It’s so warm and cozy, and just 15 minutes while I’m doing my gratitude and meditations is fine, right??? Then I wake up 2 hours later, late and in a panic… Tell me I’m not the only one procrastination gets the best of.
Why Do We Procrastinate???
Reasons for procrastinating are numerous. Any or all of these could be a reason you procrastinate:
- Fear of Success or Failure.
- Underlying emotional issues.
- Not taking care of yourself.
- Taking on too much.
Tips For Overcoming Procrastination!!!
- Figure out how you procrastinate. Is it the same things??? Is it at the same time of day???
- Figure out the reason why. If it is something you ALWAYS procrastinate, there may be an underlying reason.
- Visualize what life would be like if you didn’t procrastinate. Would there be more peace??? Less Chaos??? Would you be happy???
- Decide on 1-3 small changes that will help you make better habits.
- Implement these changes, and tell people what you’re doing. The more people know, the more likely you are to stick with it.
- Reassess after 3 weeks and add new changes to replace the ones that are now habits
So, as we start this week, my goal is to intentionally just do the things, instead of saying “in a minute”. I know this may not always be a possibility, but I am sure there are many times I could do it now instead of later. My challenge to you is to procrastinate less this week. Take some time to work through these tips, and here’s to a more peaceful rest of the year.
What are your tips for battling procrastination???